Forged from Fire
On Black Saturday, 7 February 2009, townships north-east of Melbourne were threatened by firestorms. Considered Australia’s worst ever natural disaster it resulted in the highest loss of life and injuries from a bushfire in Australia. The conditions in which the fires were ignited and burnt were extreme. After the horror of immediate losses, people had naturally embarked on various journeys of repair and recovery. The Blacksmiths’ Tree was one of them.
- Writer / Director – Andrew Garton
- Director of Photography – Mike Wilkin
- Music – Invention in Time, Charles Brown, Neatly Folded Goat
- Aerial footage courtesy of I-Drone, Brett Chilton and Michael Prinzi
- Archival footage courtesy of Warwick Page, Quentin Fogarty and Quotable Productions
- Time-lapse footage courtesy of Barry Thomas