As much of Upper Bengoh is comprised of the Bidayuh’s native customary land they chose to stay. In doing so they took on the Sarawak Government, the single most powerful institution in East Malaysia complicit in the forced removal of tens of thousands of indigenous peoples from their customary lands on the island of Borneo.
Book a community screening in Australia
Community screenings are a great way to share the experience of watching new films with small groups within intimate settings. It’s also a way to stimulate discussion about the topics explored in the film. Where possible resource materials can be provided and if I can get there, organise a Q&A with the Director.
- Small (Up to 75 people): $110 + shipping
- Large (Over 75 people): $215 + shipping
- Director’s appearance: Fee and travel costs available on request
- Written, Produced and Directed by Andrew Garton
- Colour grade Mike Wilkins
- Music Bidayuh of Upper Bengoh, Andrew Garton
- Auspiced by Auspicious Arts Projects Inc.
- Produced in association with SACCESS
Special thanks to the Association for Progressive Communications and Mr Pang Wee for their support in the making of this film.